Adelaide Books invites all writers and artists over the age of 18 to submit their children’s stories and illustrations for children's books to the Adelaide Books Children’s Literature and Illustration Award, 1st Annual Contest 2019
Contest submission period starts on April 28th, 2019 and ends on July 19th, 2019.
This international competition was created to discover, promote and support the careers of talented young illustrators and children's books authors from around the world.
Please read the following information carefully before completing your online submission form.
Submission terms and conditions:
- All submissions must be in English language
- All contestants must be at least 18 years of age
- Entry fee per submission is $20, free for students
- All submissions must be original works by authors submitting the work
- By submiting his/her work to Children's Literature & Illustration Award Contest author submitting warrants the following:
|a) AUTHOR is the sole copyright owner of the WORK (this includes manuscript, pictures, images, drawings and any other materials submitted to ADELAIDE BOOKS) and has the full power, authority and right to enter this work into contest.
b) This contest submission does not conflict with any other contracts, understandings, or arrangements between the AUTHOR and any other person or entity;
c) The WORK is not in the public domain and is entirely original except for portions thereof for which legally effective written licenses, copyrights, or permissions have been secured;
d) The WORK as submitted, and its publication by ADELAIDE BOOKS, do not and will not violate or infringe upon any personal or proprietary rights, including without limitation copyrights, trademark rights, trade secret rights, contract rights, privacy rights, or publicity rights of any other persons and entities;
e) The WORK and all the rights in WORK are free of liens, claims, interests or rights in others of any kind;
f) ADELAIDE BOOKS shall not have any legal responsibility for AUTHOR’S WORK.
g) The WORK is not defamatory or obscene, or in any other way illegal; and any recipes, formulae, instructions, or recommendations contained in the WORK are not and will not be injurious to any reader, user, or third person;
h) All information submitted to ADELAIDE BOOKS is entirely accurate to the best knowledge of the AUTHOR.
- Limit of up to 3 illustrations for Children's Illustration Award single submission
- All illustrations must be submitted as JPEG or PDF files
- Limit of 2000 words per story for Children’s Literature Award single submission
- All stories must be submitted as Word documents
- Multiple submissions by the same author allowed
- Illustrations must be original and appropriate for children's books
- Previously-published work and late submissions will NOT be considered
- Is the language of the story / illustration appropriate?
- What impact will it have on children?
- What qualities does it have- Characters, Storyline, etc.
How to submit work for consideration:
- Fill out the GOOGLE FORM with your contact details
- Attach the copy (scan) of your student ID (for free submissions)
- Pay submission fee on this webpage using PayPal button below. Entry fee is non-refundable
Winners will be announced on October 1st, 2019.
Our judges will choose up to 40 Finalists in the Best Children’s Story category and up to 40 Finalists in the Best Children's Illustration category.
Works by all Finalist will be published in the Adelaide Books Children's Literature and Illustration Award 2019 Anthology to be released by November 1st, 2019.
All Finalists will receive a Finalist Certificate and a copy of the Anthology.
Our Judges will choose up to 4 Shortlist Winner Nominees in each category. Shortlist Winner Nominees will receive a Winner Nominee Certificate, a copy of the Anthology and will be featured with their work and interview in the December Issue of the Adelaide Literary Magazine.
Our Judges will choose one Winner per category.
The Winner in the Best Children's Story will receive a Winner Certificate, a copy of the Anthology, will be featured with his/her work and interview published in the December Issue of the Adelaide Literary Magazine, and will receive a publishing contract for his/her children's book from Adelaide Books LLC.
The Winner in the Best Children's Illustration will receive a Winner Certificate, a copy of the Anthology, will be featured with his/her work and interview in the December Issue of the Adelaide Literary Magazine, and will receive a contract offer to illustrate one of the children's books published by Adelaide Books LLC.
Only appropriate submissions will be eligible to enter the contest. Therefore, Adelaide Books reserves the right to refuse any submission at their discretion.